Histidine tag fusion protein

Koen A.L. De Smet k.desmet at nospam.ic.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 09:10:53 EST 1997

slavica masina wrote:

> I am currently performing bacterial cell expressions with a histidine tag
> fusion protein (~50kDa) and am having some trouble purifying the
> expressed products using a talon metal affintiy resin under reducing (8M
> Urea) and native conditions. Does anyone have any sugestions for
> successful purification of His fusion proteins? Or any ideas on ow to
> improve the talon affintiy metod? Thanks Slavica

Can you specify whatthe "problem" is. It may help the newsgroup to give
relevant answers!
is the protein expressed?
does it bind to the resin?
etc...

Koen

To reply by email, remove "nospam." from the above address

        Dr Koen A.L. De Smet
        Research Fellow
        Department of Medical Microbiology
        Imperial College Medical School at St Mary's
        Norfolk Place
        London W2 1PG
        Great Britain

        Tel: (+44)-(0)171-594 3946