ECL nucleic acid label & detect

Shou-hsien Li sl7599 at cnsibm.albany.edu
Fri Aug 15 06:34:26 EST 1997

I recently starting using Amersham ECL direct nucleic acid labeling
and detection system. I'm screening phage genomic libraries. it seems
to be working ok- but possible positives look faint, I'm not getting
any really strong signal, I've altered the washes, but I still never
seem to get a clean signal, I often get background, but then when I
increase the stringency, I get nothing,  I know the kit should work,
many people have suggested it- sounds like the alkaline phosphase
gives a stronger signal than the HRperioxidase- any comments, thank
you in advance.