dirty RNA prep

Ulf Andersson ulf at zoofys.su.se
Fri Aug 15 08:30:32 EST 1997

Hi,
instead of using expensive columns and kits you can precipitate the bile
salts (and probably also glycogen) with 1 vol. of 8M LiCl (store -20°C for
a couple of hours and spin 15 min. top speed in a microfuge) or with 3
vol. 4M Na Ac, ph7 (store on ice for a couple of hours and spin 15 min.
top speed in a microfuge).
I have never used the Na Ac procedure but I know that LiCl really improves
your liver RNA...

/Ulf.