What is the average microinjection volume.

Ole Gjoerup ovg at biobase.dk
Fri Aug 15 07:13:35 EST 1997

Jeff Firman (jfirman at umabnet.ab.umd.edu) wrote:

: Hello,

: 	We are microinjecting single cells and would like to know if
: anyone has measured the volume of a single microinjection.  Any references
: would also be appreciated.

: Thanks,

: Jeff

Appr. 1-2x10E-11 ml per cell. This is what it says in Meth. Enzymol. p.
167 chapter on 'Microinjection of Epitope-tagged Rho family cDNA's and
analysis by immunolabeling'. Sorry I don't have the volume #.

Hope it helps.

-Ole
Ole Victor Foenss Gjoerup, Ph.D.       | Phone (+45)35322071
Dept. of Molecular and Cellular        | FAX   (+45)33935220
Biology                                |
Oester Farimagsgade 2A                 | Email: ovg at biobase.dk
1353 Koebenhavn K                      | http://biobase.dk/~ovg
Denmark                                |