Help???How to cip treatment with blunt-end vector???

Charles A Miller oravaxcm at world.std.com
Sun Aug 17 00:47:52 EST 1997

Hiranya Roychowdhury (hroychow at NMSU.EDU) wrote:
: At 04:48 PM 8/15/97 GMT, User wrote:
: >Hi,
: >Does someone know how to CIP treatment with blunt-end vector???
: >many thanks,
: >dong
: >
: >

: Look it up in Sambrook et al. This is hardly a problem that warrants such a
: posting on the net.

: Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
: Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
: New Mexico State University
: Las Cruces, NM 88003
: Ph. (505) 646-5785
: hroychow at nmsu.edu

I know that I for one feel I should CHARGE my precious time to this person
for the time it took out of my day to read this post regarding
dephosphorylation of vector. While I am trying not to sound like too much
of a jerk, come one...the net (FULL of prnography, blatant commercial ads,
and junk mail) is not holy ground in any of the religions with which I am
familiar. Whatever happened to the philosophy that " if you DON'T know the
answer, then there is no such thing as a stupid question..."? Perhaps had
this person asked this question at a conference held by some group of
professional molecular biologists, then maybe they would be wasting
someone's precious 10 seconds. If I had a question regarding an ELISA, and
I chose to ask someone on bionet.immunology, I would hope that I wouldn't
be belittled for not knowing everything. Perhaps if some university
out there would offer an all encompassing PhD, then we would all
know everything! I really hate to post a follow-up like this to a bionet
group, but it really bothers me when a legitimate question (maybe not to
everyone, but obviously to the original poster) is regarded as tripe.
I suppose that the next time I ask a question, it ought to be something
that no one here could possibly answer.

Sorry for wasting such precious net time. I know that it could be better
used saving lives...(intense sarcasm)

chuck miller
oravaxcm at world.std.com