Help???How to cip treatment with blunt-end vector???

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Aug 18 04:37:15 EST 1997

Applause to you, chuck!!!

Maybe those who don't like questions like the CIP one should initiate
a vote for bionet.discussions.experts-only with the following
newsgroup charter (suggestion):

1) participants *must* have at leat 10 nature and science paperes as
first authors
2) moderated
3) applicants must have a least three references from nobel price
holders.

Everyone is strongly encouraged to ask *ALL* questions!!

Cheers,

Wolfgang

> Hiranya Roychowdhury (hroychow at NMSU.EDU) wrote:
> : At 04:48 PM 8/15/97 GMT, User wrote:
> : >Hi,
> : >Does someone know how to CIP treatment with blunt-end vector??? :
> >many thanks, : >dong : > : >
>
> : Look it up in Sambrook et al. This is hardly a problem that
> warrants such a : posting on the net.
>

> : Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
> : Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
> : New Mexico State University
> : Las Cruces, NM 88003
> : Ph. (505) 646-5785
> : hroychow at nmsu.edu
>

> I know that I for one feel I should CHARGE my precious time to this
> person for the time it took out of my day to read this post
> regarding dephosphorylation of vector. While I am trying not to
> sound like too much of a jerk, come one...the net (FULL of
> prnography, blatant commercial ads, and junk mail) is not holy
> ground in any of the religions with which I am familiar. Whatever
> happened to the philosophy that " if you DON'T know the answer, then
> there is no such thing as a stupid question..."? Perhaps had this
> person asked this question at a conference held by some group of
> professional molecular biologists, then maybe they would be wasting
> someone's precious 10 seconds. If I had a question regarding an
> ELISA, and I chose to ask someone on bionet.immunology, I would hope
> that I wouldn't be belittled for not knowing everything. Perhaps if
> some university out there would offer an all encompassing PhD, then
> we would all know everything! I really hate to post a follow-up like
> this to a bionet group, but it really bothers me when a legitimate
> question (maybe not to everyone, but obviously to the original
> poster) is regarded as tripe. I suppose that the next time I ask a
> question, it ought to be something that no one here could possibly
> answer.
>

> Sorry for wasting such precious net time. I know that it could be
> better used saving lives...(intense sarcasm)
>
> chuck miller
> oravaxcm at world.std.com

-----
Do it with a chemist!

Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
fax (til 31-12-97)  +49 2561 91316-21971

-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.