opinions on ABI prism 310 autosequencer

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:53:17 EST 1997

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:50:13, modmo at jcu.edu.au (Dimitri Odorico)
wrote:

> Hi, Our department is planning on buying two ABI PRISM 310 genetic
> analyzers, largely for sequencing purposes. I would like hear about the
> pros and cons from anyone who has used this machine for some time.
> Thankyou.
>
> Regards
> Dimitri Odorico
> modmo at jcu.edu.au

If you want sequencing, the Li-Cor instruments are superior (my
opinion)-- our core facility has a Li-Cor which they love, and an
ABI capillary electrophesis unit which they hate (someone gave it to
them). Li-Cor is certainly easier to maintain, much cheaper to
operate & has 10X longer laser lifetime.

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       |  Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX:
785-864-5321 |
| Departments of Biochemistry |    PGegen at UKans.edu
 |
|  and of Botany              |    http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/

| University of Kansas        |