Q:Any trick or tips for Bac ends automatic sequecing?

Koichi Hiratsuka koichi at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Aug 20 20:41:17 EST 1997

Hi, there,

    I got a question to analyze the Bac ends sequences with Dye terminator
Cycling reactions. I did several reactions with less amount of DNA below
1 ug by following ABI Tag DNA polymerase , FS protocol. But nothing came
out. And my controls pGEM-3Zf had beautiful results. I was told it's
tricky to sequence Bac ends. I'm wondering how many ug it needs to do one
reaction or any typical protocol for Bac ends. If you happen to have
experience on this experiment, would you please drop me a line to this
account? I would appreciate it.

Koichi