Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)

Jim WIck alpha01 at execpc.com
Wed Aug 20 14:13:47 EST 1997

Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) and polyvinylpolypyrrolidone (PVPP) I
beleive are used to remove poly-phenolic compounds found in plant
tissues. These compounds often inhibit subsequent enzymatic
manipulation of the n;ucleic acid, ex. RE digestion or PCR. The
literature claims PVP and PVPP remove humic and fulvic acids which
likewise inhibit PCR. These two compounds are commonly found in samples
containing decaying plant material.

article <33F9D5F3.69A8 at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu>, REPE at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu says...