Help me:poorly protein expression

Mathias Drexler drexler at mol.univie.ac.at
Thu Aug 21 00:10:50 EST 1997

In article <5tev16$pqa at news.inet.dkfz-heidelberg.de>,
U.Deligezer at DKFZ-Heidelberg.de wrote:

> my protein is poorly expressed in E.Coli( propably due to toxicity to E.
coli cells).
>  I can verify the protein only by western blot.
> What can I do to increase expression level of my protein.

You can try to do expression at 16 °C. Another possibility is combining
this temperature with soluble expression to supernatant. We were able to
express toxic single chain antibodies at very high levels compared to
expression at 37 °C. It may take some more time, but works really fine.
Hope it helps

Mathias