fluorescence plate readers

Rae Nishi nishir at ohsu.edu
Thu Aug 21 19:20:28 EST 1997

We are considering the purchase of a multiwell plate fluorescence
reader.  Most of the labs here are interested in quantifying
fluorescence after doing live/dead cell assays or assays that measure
proliferation or attachment of cells, so we are most interested in
plate readers that have the light source and detector positioned under
the plate.  Interestingly, all the sales reps claim that their
instrument is the most sensitive on the market.  Do any of you have any
experience with such an item of equipment?  Any comments you have would
be appreciated.  Post them here or email them to me at nishir at ohsu.edu.

Rae Nishi, PhD
Professor
Dept. Cell & Developmental Biology