DAPI solubility in PBS

Jeff Lightfoot jlight at SICKKIDS.ON.CA
Mon Aug 25 15:42:30 EST 1997

I'm staining COS7 cells with DAPI and want to stain in PBS.  I have DAPI
from SIGMA, but they recommended solubilizing it in water because it's not
soluble in PBS.  I've used DAPI before from another source and did the
staining in PBS.  I suppose that DAPI powder has to be solubilized in
something other than water so that it will solubilize in PBS, but I don't
know what that chemical would be.  Could someone let me know how to
solubilize DAPI in PBS, and which company they purchase it from?  Thanks in
advance.