looking for erythromycin sensitive E.coli

H. Yim hyim at u.washington.edu
Mon Aug 25 12:34:19 EST 1997

The strain MC1061 has worked well for us at ~300-400 ug/ml of
erythromycin.  If you have the wild type gene, you might have to
pre-induce erm resistance with ~0.1 to 1 ug/ml.  You will end up with a
haze of background bacteria with larger colonies that have your plasmid.
Good luck,

Harry Yim Ph.D.
Mailstop:CH-32
Dept of Infectious Diseases