terrific broth recipe

Pascal Mertens Pascal.Mertens at fundp.ac.be
Thu Aug 21 02:55:53 EST 1997

In article (Dans l'article) <199708201749.LAA47014 at nestor.NMSU.Edu>,
hroychow at NMSU.EDU (Hiranya Roychowdhury) wrote (écrivait) :

> At 10:30 AM 8/20/97 -0700, David Scott wrote:
> >Hia,
> >can someone Email me the 'Terrific Broth' recipe ASAP?
> >thanks in advance,
> >
> >Dave
> >

> Bacto Tryptone 1.2% w/v
> Bacto Yeast extract: 2.4% w/v
> Glycerol: 0.4% v/v
>
> Ref: Sambrook et al. (aka MANIATIS)
>
> This is another example...
> Had the Sambrook et al. been checked? In its absence, the Meth. Enzymol.
> series?
> What next?
>

> Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
> Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
> New Mexico State University
> Las Cruces, NM 88003
> Ph. (505) 646-5785
> hroychow at nmsu.edu

Indeed, not a bad idea to check some refs, but a mouse has eaten a part of
your book!!

Terrific broth:

In 900ml H2O dissolve:
12g bactotryptone
24g YE
4ml glycerol

Autoclave

When cooled, add 100ml of separately autoclaved Potassium phosphate buffer.
(0.17M KH2PO4,  0.72M K2HPO4)

--
Pascal Mertens
Laboratoire d'Immunologie et Microbiologie