lamin antibodies

Tom Phelan tjphelan at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:57:12 EST 1997

I f anyone knows of a source of lamin antibodies I'd appreciate hearing
about it.  I am looking for plant proteins that bind a special class of
DNA (MAR DNA) and I think that at least some of the proteins I see
binding to my DNA may be plant lamins.

I have ordered the cell line from ATCC that produces an
anti-intermediate filament monoclonal antibody, but I don't think this
antibody will give me enough information to conclude whether I am seeing
lamins.  Lamin specific antibodies would be a little bit more useful in
helping identify the proteins.

Thanks
Tom Phelan
NC State University