chromosomal localization

Michael Gerdes mg690769 at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 27 14:03:45 EST 1997

Peggy- I would recommend giving the mouse probe a try.  I have mapped
several mouse genes to human chromosomes-it can work with both genomic and
cDNA clones.  cDNAs have a problem with size frequently that puts them
below the level of sensitivity for FISH.  If it is >2.5 kb, it might work.
If it is small, you'll need to try the genomic.  Use COT-1 DNA to compete
out repetative elements.

Michael