Bacterin analysis

npc88 at npc88 at
Wed Aug 27 14:00:13 EST 1997

	I am seeking advice on an unusual topic.  We are utilizing a
glutaraldehyde-killed E. coli bacterin in vaccine research.  Our problem
is analysis of the bacterin preps after fixation.  They are virtually
insoluble in SDS and refractive to homogenization in a gaulin
homogenizer.  The goal of the analysis is to verify antigen content and
to confirm that the bacterin preps are consistent from lot to lot.  If
anyone has had any experience in biochemical analysis of preparations
such as these, I would appreciate any tips you may have.

Daniel E. Cox, Ph.D.
Worcester, MA   USA