A-tailing of PCR products

cfb7 at psu.edu cfb7 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 27 17:08:13 EST 1997

Hi,
I am using a degenerate PCR strategy to amplify fragments of expressed
members of a subfamily of genes; I am ligating the products into a
T-vector.  I use a 15' 72C incubation at the end of the PCR cycles to
add the A-tails.  Is this sufficient to add A-tails to my products or
should I purify the products and A-tail them in a subsequent reaction
in which dATP is the only nucleotide available?  Thanks, C-

Christie Blackman          cfb7 at psu.edu
Penn State University
University Park, PA
"There are alot of bastards in the world, the number increasing the
further one gets from Missoula, Montana."
           Norman McLean, A River Runs Through It