Genomic DNA extraction

Laurent GALIO lgalio at genethon.fr
Wed Aug 27 09:10:26 EST 1997

I would like to use an extraction protocole for genomic DNA of human cells
without organic extraction (no phenol-no chloroform).

I tried one method which says to digest the cells with K proteinase
(100µg/ml), during 1 hour at 60°C and then during 16 hours at 37°C.
After that I added Na Acetate (100mM final concentration) and two volumes
of ethanol. I began to see the DNA and when I mixed gently: it
dissapeared...

Please if you have used, with success, a protocole to extract genomic DNA
without Phenol/chloroform, send it to me with the exact conditions.

Thanks...

Laurent GALIO
Centre National de Séquençage
Généthon