cosmid library screening

Jo Daniels jkd at gemini-research.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 09:08:07 EST 1997

Hi

We are just about to start a project to elucidate the genomic structure of
candidate genes where only the cDNA sequence is known.  We are tentatively
suggesting a strategy of either:

1) Probing a total cosmid library and identifying positive clones by
non-radioactive methods (any good kits available?)
2) Using the commercial available pools and identiying the target clone by
PCR of the pools

Once the clone has been identified we will then sequence to identify
exon/intron boundaries

Can anyone see any flaws in this strategy (none of us have done this
before)or offer any advice on the best techniques to use at any stage, kits
etc...

Thanks in advance

Jo Daniels

Jo Daniels, Research Scientist