Genomic DNA extraction

Jorg Kirberg nospam at nowhere.com
Thu Aug 28 09:12:09 EST 1997

In article <lgalio-2708971610270001 at mac143.genethon.fr>,
lgalio at genethon.fr (Laurent GALIO) wrote:

> I would like to use an extraction protocole for genomic DNA of human cells
> without organic extraction (no phenol-no chloroform).
>
> I tried one method which says to digest the cells with K proteinase
> (100µg/ml), during 1 hour at 60°C and then during 16 hours at 37°C.
> After that I added Na Acetate (100mM final concentration) and two volumes
> of ethanol. I began to see the DNA and when I mixed gently: it
> dissapeared...
>
> Please if you have used, with success, a protocole to extract genomic DNA
> without Phenol/chloroform, send it to me with the exact conditions.

Dear Laurent,
here people always use this protocol and it works really good for almost
any restriction digests to do southerns:
Laird, P. W., Zijderveld, A., Linders, K., Rudnicki, M. A., Jaenisch, R.
and Berns, A. (1991). Simplified mammalian DNA isolation procedure.
Nucleic Acids Res, 19, 4293.

jorg

            Correct E_mail address as below (spam blocker)
Joerg Kirberg                              Tel. 0031 - 20 - 512 19 98
The Netherlands Cancer Institute           FAX  0031 - 20 - 512 20 11
Div. Molecular Genetics (H4)               E_mail kirberg at nki.nl
Plesmanlaan 121
NL - 1066 CX Amsterdam
The Netherlands