BRL PCR SuperMix

LUCIO GAMA lucio at
Wed Aug 27 16:42:38 EST 1997

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Mary P. Remington wrote:

>      Is anyone using this product?  If so, have you had any problems with
> it in terms of reproducibility?  Thanks for any input.  Mary

I've been using the Supermix for some time and YES, I had problems. It
works well when my goal is to run a reaction where the template is a
plasmid with my gene. However, when I worked with RT-PCR or other
kinds of diagnostic procedures, the results were dismal. On the contrary I
started using the PCR-beads from Pharmacia and they gave me the nicest