Irradiating RNAse

Kristina Palomba kjpalo at ma.ultranet.com
Fri Aug 29 11:12:16 EST 1997

Does anyone one know how many rads and exposure time it takes to
deactivate RNase? I'm not sure where to start for this kind of info. I
tried asking the company where our stuff is irradiated but they
weren't much help. A maximum of 15.5 kGy delivered dose was
ineffective. But I'm concerned that increasing the dose much more will
degrade other components. Has anyone experience with something like
this or know where I might ask my questions? I'd appreciate any/all
help. Thank you in advance. Kris