Genomic DNA extraction

Rick Bright rbright at
Fri Aug 29 19:47:38 EST 1997

I have personally modified several previously published extractions protocols
and developed a single protocol that extracts genomic DNA from whole blood in
under 2 hours.  It is non-toxic (no phenol or chloroform) and produces a very
pure product without using any further purifications steps.  IT also yeilds
approx 100ug of DNA from 5 ml of whole blood.  The only problem is that I have
not published it yet, and have since changed labs and am without the guidance
to publish the protocol.  I would be happy to share it, but would also
appreciate assistance in getting it into publication.

Email me if you want further information.

Rick Bright
rbright at