Digital camera for electrophoresis

Susan Hogarth sjhogart at
Sat Aug 30 00:29:07 EST 1997

WSchick at wrote:

> Also, the home digital cameras are directed toward color pictures--the
> difference in light response from each of the color pixels makes it hard to
> get reproducible density measurements.  The gray scale CCD cameras have one
> response curve so all pixels have similar density measurements.

OR, if there is someone in your lab/department who is interested in
electronics, there are CCD camera "kit cameras" you can put together for
very little money. You can design the camera body around your gel box.
You can purchase either a black-and-white OR a color CCD; the b-and-w is

"We have politics.  We just haven't offended each other with it yet.
Religion works just fine." --oTTo--