Genomic DNA extraction

Administrador de iihema.fmed.uba.ar postmast at iihema.fmed.uba.ar
Fri Aug 29 19:56:53 EST 1997

Dear Laurent,

>I tried one method which says to digest the cells with K proteinase
>(100=B5g/ml), during 1 hour at 60=B0C and then during 16 hours at 37=B0=
C.=20
>After that I added Na Acetate (100mM final concentration) and two volu=
mes
>of ethanol. I began to see the DNA and when I mixed gently: it
>dissapeared...

someone once told me to do the same (without the Na Acetate-etOH step),
centrifuge to get rid of the debris, put the supernatant in another=20
tube and add 1 vol of isopropanol.  You'll see the DNA like you say,
but won't dissapear as easily.  The trick is to pick it up with a tip
or something, put it in another tube and resuspend it in whatever you
like...
Hope it helps (I think I might have a ref. somewhere, but I'd have to
search real hard.  Let me know if you want it).=20

Facundo.

Facundo Garcia Bournissen,
Dept. Pharmacology, School of Medicine, UBA.
Paraguay 2155, piso 16,
(1121) Capital Federal,
Argentina.

Fax: (541) 964-0505.