LDL particles (ref for purification)

deborah.hailstones at smtpgwy.agric.nsw.gov.au deborah.hailstones at smtpgwy.agric.nsw.gov.au
Wed Dec 3 18:10:54 EST 1997

     Here is the ref for purifying fresh, native LDL (suitable for
     functional studies if stored under N2)...

     Chung BH et al (1980) J Lipid Res 21 p 284-291
     Preparative and quantitative isolation of lipoproteins: rapid, single
     discontinuous density gradient ultracentirfugation in a vertical
     rotor.

     Sorry it took a while!

     Deb

     Continuation of previous posting by me...
     ..we always prepared our own LDL particles from fresh human blood
     (fasted donors) using ultracentifugation of KBr gradients ... if you
     were to use a commercial source, there is a high probability that the
     LDL will be damaged by oxidation, leading it to bind to (and be
     internalised by) receptors other than the LDLR (eg the OxLDL receptor,
     the scavenger receptor(s) etc....)...

     H. Sibul wrote:
     I am looking for purified low-density lipoprotein(LDL) particles
     suitable for labelling with fluorescence (or labelled already) to be
     used for functional analysis of the LDL receptor (internalization
     assay).
     Any information as to the source, be it commercial or not welcome.