Beta catenin negative control

Warren Gallin wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 3 15:37:38 EST 1997

In Article <663kru$b7f at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, ah690549 at bcm.tmc.edu (Annette
C. Hollmann) wrote:
>Does anyone know of a murine cell line that does not express beta catenin?
>I am quantitating beta catenin expression by Western Blot.
>I was using an anti E-cadherin antibody as the negative control, but that
>was deemed to be insufficient. A negative control cell line would be
>ideal.

The only published case that I have seen is Adamson et al. (1990)
Developmental Biology v. 138 pp 338-347.  They describe a mutant line
derived from F9 cells that do not compact, and I believe they show this is
due to loss of beta catenin expression.
Warren Gallin
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta