David F. Spencer dspencer at
Wed Dec 3 10:41:48 EST 1997

In article <3479CABA.35AB at>,
cmartens at wrote:

> Hi,  I was wondering if anyone knows if the company AT Biochem still
> exists.  I have an old catalog (93-94), but all of their phone numbers
> don't exist anymore.  In particular I was looking for their product Long
> Ranger gel mix for sequenceing, if another company picked that up let me
> know.  Thanks for any info, Craig

The Long Ranger product line was bought by FMC BioProducts of Maine (the
agarose company who make SeaKem, SeaPlaque, etc.). The advertising blirb I
have gives their web site URL as:

I was told by their Canadian distributor that FMC has improved the Long
Ranger solution quality so that it is more consistent, for what that's
worth. I've never used the stuff.

David F. Spencer, PhD
Dept. Of Biochemistry
Dalhousie University