cloning small linker fragments

Per Mygind perm at medmicro.aau.dk
Wed Dec 3 10:41:46 EST 1997

Clemens Kittinger wrote:

> I´ve a small linker fragment ( 51 bp ) I want to clone in a 4,2 kb large
> vector. Sorrowly I´ve to clone it Xba I - Xba I. I´ve played a lot on
> the ratio vector vs insert, but I didn´t get clones until now.
>
> If you have experience in cloning such small fragments, please answer
> me.
>
> Gratefully
> Clemens Kittinger
> Inst. f. Mikrobiolgie
> KF Uni Graz
> Austria

I've done series of clonings using small Dna-fragments, but it has
always been by using phosporylated oligonucleotides that I have ordered
from outside. You got to be very carefull about the ration
vector/insert. E-mail me if you have further questions ;-)
If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building
University of Aarhus
Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47