A PCR problem

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 05:46:17 EST 1997

In article <Olivier.Cochet-ya02408000R0412971140530001 at news.curie.fr>,
Olivier Cochet <Olivier.Cochet at Kurie.fr> writes
>- Does the elongation, starting from the 3' outer primer, will be blocked
>by the internal primer annealed to gene B ? In other words, may this
>internal primer be displaced by the outer primer ?

Taq will displace this with it's 5'-3' exo activity. A 5'-3' exo minus
Taq would work fine. It just so happens that we have produced our first
batch of a point mutation 5'-3' exo minus licensed Taq in the last
couple of weeks. I haven't had time to check it yet for what you are
trying other than it PCRs fine with normal primers etc. If you would
like a sample to try out, please email me.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.