3'-specificity of Taq

bbeitzel at biomail.ucsd.edu bbeitzel at biomail.ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 8 12:51:40 EST 1997

A couple of years ago I contacted Perkin-Elmer Tech support with
basically the same question.  They sent me a paper looking at the 3'
primer end requirements (I forget where it was published.)  From that
paper, it looked like the matching requirements depended upon the base
composition, ie. a T could pair (mispair) with anything without affecting
amplification.	The other bases weren't as promiscuous as T.  If you
contact P-E tech support, they may be able to send you the article.

Hope this helps,
Brett Beitzel
bbeitzel at biomail.ucsd.edu