Stuart Rison stuart at
Thu Dec 11 06:08:29 EST 1997

>In article <348E06C5.2F2D at>, Mike Amstutz <amstutzm at>

>I have forgotten how much carbenicillin to use in conjunction
>with ampicillin for selection of transformed E. coli.

>Could someone refresh my memory??

I don't know about using Carbenicillin in conjunction with Ampicillin.  I
use it on its own at a final concentration of 50ug/ml (plate and liquid
culture) from a filter sterelised 50mg/ml H2O stock.  It expensive but, it
reduces the incidence of satelitte colonies -in my hands- and you can store
Carb plates at 4C for up to THREE months.

Hope this helps,

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4127    | Courtauld Building                   |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | 91 Riding House Street               |