3' RACE Primer

Z.Huang huang.zhong at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Dec 11 16:05:17 EST 1997

soenke behrends wrote:

> Dear Fellow scientists,
>
> Has anyone successfully done 3' RACE with a self-made anchored
> oligo dT Primer that has proved to work well? (Similar to the
> primer that is part of the 3' Amplifinder RACE kit by Stratagene?)
> Could you provide me with the sequence AND / OR the protocol?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Soenke Behrends
> (behrends at plexus.uke.uni-hamburg.de)

Yes, I make home-made anchor oligo dT primer and anchor primer in my 5'
3' RACE PCR. It works even better than commercial one. But my primer
sequence are from Boehringer-Manheim other than stratagene. However I
think the priciple can also be applied on your case. e-mail me if you
want to get the sequence from B-M co. Good luck for our experiments.

Huang Zhong
huang.zhong at med.kuleuven.ac.be