dspinella PCR Screening of transformants?

Garnet Suck +49-0451-500-4110 [Uni] SUCK at molbio.mu-luebeck.de
Fri Dec 12 06:37:10 EST 1997

Hi,

maybe you read my answer a few days ago, that colony PCR works
always fine with my clones, so here are more informations:

I tried it succesfully with: DH10B or DH5alpha cells, competent cells
that were included in the pMOS-cloning-Kit and not further
characterized, competent cells that were included in the PCRScript-
cloning KIt worked too in our lab, or even PCR directly
on phage-mixtures (one to two microliters) containing MRF'-cells
infected by phages. As vectors I used: pMos-blue, a T-overhang
cloning vector for PCR products, PCRscript, similar but blunt-end
ligation, pBluescript-sk+ and the lambda-zap vector from the cDNA
library - it always worked! Using gene-specific-primers or vector-
directed primers, like T7, T3, U19 or self constructed vector primers.

Maybe this helps you.

Bye,

Garnet

I  Garnet Suck                           I
I                                        I
I +49-0451-500-4110                      I
I                                        I
I  Institut fuer Biologie                I
I  Medizinische Universitaet zu Luebeck  I
I  Ratzeburger Allee  160                I
I                                        I
I  D-23538 Luebeck                       I
I                                        I
I  Germany                               I