alignment program DIALIGN 2

Burkhard Morgenstern morgenst at gsf.de
Fri Dec 12 11:10:49 EST 1997

We would like to announce the release of DIALIGN 2,
an improved version of our novel alignment program
DIALIGN. The method was originally described in

    B. Morgenstern, T. Werner, A.W.M. Dress (1996),
    "Multiple DNA and protein sequence alignment
    based on segment-to-segment comparison."
    Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 93, 12098 - 12103.

Unlike global alignment methods, DIALIGN is capable
of finding local similarities among distantly related
sequences.

An online version of DIALIGN 2 is available at

    http://bibiserv.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/dialign/

If you have any comments, suggestions or criticism
on DIALIGN, please feel free to contact us!

  Burkhard Morgenstern