GST pull down vs. 6X his- which method is better?

Robert Livingston bobl at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 15 13:46:29 EST 1997

Hello,

I wish to confirm a protein interaction identified in a yeast two-hybrid
screen using a yeast-independent, in vitro system.  I am considering a GST
pull down assay or an approach using metal affinity chomatography with a
6X his fusion.  The protein interaction I am working with is
moderate to weak in binding affinity.  Which of these two methods is more
robust in detecting weak protein interactions?  Are there better methods I
should consider?  All responses will be gratefully accepted.
Thanks,

Bob
Bob Livingston				voice: (206)543-2850
Dept of Pathology			fax:   (206)685-4829
University of Washington		email: bobl at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA