insect proteins

Tracey Carrillo tracey at taipan.nmsu.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:30:55 EST 1997

Can anyone help here? I am running isoelectric focusing to determine
what predatory insects are feeding on by isolating proteins. (i.e.
ladybeetle feeds on aphids) The problem I am having is that my bands are
streaking or smearing. brief M&M. I grind a ladybeetle in 20-5- ul of
distilled water then centrifuge for about 5 minutes at 10,000. I use the
supernate and apply 2 ul of sample to a wick filter paper that is place
on the gel. I have tried Triton-x detergent to no avail. Does anyone
know how I can clean up this sample?

email me at tracey at taipan.nmsu.edu