still have mtDNA PCR problems!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP

Parent, Eric ParentE at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Tue Dec 16 11:24:42 EST 1997

I need help...please

I'm trying to amplify whole mtDNA molecule (about 16 Kb) and keep
getting long smears without any specific bands. I've try to increase =
the
annealing temp, but nothing seems to work. I use 33 mer primers with Tm
of 65 and 72 C.

Any useful hints would be greatly
appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

Eric Parent=20
Division des invert=E9br=E9s et                Invertebrates and
experimental
de la biologie exp=E9rimentale             biology division

P=EAches et Oc=E9ans Canada                  Fisheries and Oceans =
Canada=09
Institut Maurice-Lamontagne           Maurice-Lamontagne Institute
Mont-Joli, Qc                                      Mont-joli, Qc
Canada                                                Canada

parente at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
tel :(418) 775-0643
fax:(418) 775-0740
http://www.qc.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/iml