Agarose sticking to electrophoresis comb

Rocky Baker bakerroc at ccmail.orst.edu
Wed Dec 17 11:50:18 EST 1997

I am having a problem with my submarine gel apparatus for analyzing PCR
amplicons.  When I pull the comb, the agarose sometimes lifts from the
bottom of the gel tray just enough that the amplicons can leak out under
the agarose.  I have tried removing the combs both wetted and dry but it
still occurs.
Is there a releasing agent I can apply to the combs that might help?
Biorad said they never heard of this as a problem before.

Rocky
bakerroc at ccmail.orst.edu