Subtractive hybridization. What is "HAP"?

Jun-Ichi Aikawa jaikawa at UCSD.EDU
Wed Dec 17 17:32:57 EST 1997

Hi, I need your help.

I saw comment attached to a clone of my interests which was found in
Genbank EST database. What is "HAP"?

"Equal amounts of plasmid DNA from three normalized libraries (melanocyte
2NbHM, pregnant uterus NbHPU, and fetal heart NbHH19W) were mixed, and ss
circles were made in vitro. Following HAP purification, this DNA was used
as tracer in a subtractive hybridization reaction. The driver was
PCR-amplified cDNAs from pools of 5,000 clones made from the same 3
libraries. The pools consisted of I.M.A.G.E. clones 260232-265223,
340488-345479, and 484488-489479."

Jun-ichi Aikawa, Ph.D.
University of California, San Diego