help needed

sarjeet thakur ssthakur75 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 07:12:30 EST 1997

Dear Netters,

I have been working on covalent attachment of cynuric chloride activated
Polyethylene glycol-5000 (MW) with Oxalate decarboxylase for future
therapy prospects.  I have so far used various protocols but have not
succeded.  My protein has pH optima 3.0 and highly glycosylated.

I need your help.  Can any one of you please send me the protocol used
and the relevant literature for attaching PEG to protein.  I would be
grateful if you have any suggestions to customise the approach towards
my specific application.   My enzyme has pH optima of 3.0.  Will a
coupling of PEG using your protocol affect the activity of my enzyme.
Is there any effect of using glycoslylated protien for coupling work.

My mailing address is

105, School of Life Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi-110 067