How do you transform fibroblast cells for making cell lines?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Sat Dec 27 21:31:35 EST 1997

In article <67p8ii$f6p at>, levy at (David N. Levy) wrote:
>How can you take primary fibroblast cells and infect or transfect them
>in order to transform them?  Can you transfect the ad. E1A gene, or
>papillomavirus E7 or E6, or infect with SV40 or what?  Thanks.

Yep. AFAIR, that's how oncogenic properties of E1A and SV40 were found.
But I might be wrong. What stuck in my head is that resulting cell line(s) in many
respects has very little little in common with the primary cells.

- Dima