HOW to Eliminate PCR primer dimer

Huang Ke-xue khuang at CHEMVX.CHEM.TAMU.EDU
Sat Feb 1 22:52:10 EST 1997

>1.How can I remove (or reduce) the primer dimer in PCR reaction
>   how about increase annealing Temp ? or lowering Ma2+ conc.

Of course, you can try this, The best way is to design good primer which
difficult to form dimer

>2.After 38 cycles, a faint signal was obtained. Can I increase
>   cycle number, or template DNA  or even dNTP content
>   TO further INCREASE THE SIGNAL I WANT ??

Too many cycles, why not cut the band and do the second again

>3.What's the best methods to elute out the PCR product with
>   high yields and low DNase contaminated. ANY kits suggested ?

Promega wizard and Qiagen PCR product purfication kit work well for me

Cheers

Huang