Boehringer DIG system experiences

Mike Challen mike.challen at
Mon Feb 3 04:26:05 EST 1997

Hi Karen

We've been using DIG almost since it came on the market and have tried all
sort's of different membranes. Although there are subtle differences in
background and sensitivity, they all seem to work.
We have most often used Hybond-N (without charge) but,  partly promted by
recent structural changes in Amershams membranes, we have switched to the
positively charged membrane marketed by Boehringer.
Any way, the straight answer to your question is;  No you do not have to
use a positively charged membrane.  Try what you have it will probably work

best wishes

Karen Ferri <kferri at> wrote in article
<5d11p8$jap$1 at>...