Emission wavelength of EtBr/DNA for a CCD camera filter

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 11:50:02 EST 1997

Hi Folks,

Following the odd accident over the last few months the glass bandpass
filter I use in front of a CCD camera now has a few cracks etc. My
original was 600nm +/- 70nm which was wide enough (given the that CCD
chip can see from UV to IR) to let through the infra-red from the UV
tubes as well as the EtBr emission at 590nm. This meant I had to be
careful about using max sensitivity on the camera. So what are people
using out there? Can I go for a say a 590nm centre frequency filter with
only a 10nm bandpass or is that too narrow. I want something inexpensive
and off the shelf. I can get that sort of filter from Edmund Scientific
or I think Corian.

Many thanks

Duncan
sliced from time to time....