Molecular biology software suggestions

Matthew L. Brown, Ph.D gemini3 at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 4 16:31:06 EST 1997

Hi. Could anyone recommend some good programs for sequence analysis,
homology searching and alignment (not database searching but comparing
clones developed in our lab), primer design, plasmid drawing, protein
modeling, etc.? We currently use Seqaid II (1989)for alignments and
homology searches. It is OK but a little old and maybe outdated. Is
there a newer version of this software (maybe Windows based) or better
program? Since funds are always a limitation, freeware or shareware
would be preferred over full commercial versions. But all
recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew L. Brown, Ph.D.
Dept. of Medicine