Methods for in vitro mutagenesis

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Wed Feb 5 16:16:33 EST 1997

In article <32F8BA1C.167EB0E7 at bcm.tmc.edu>, kl690782 at bcm.tmc.edu says...

>I am looking for a protocol for doing in vitro mutagenesis. I only need
>to alter one base in the coding region of a gene but the problem I am
>having is that all the methods Ihave been referred to are dependent on
>unique restriction sites that flank the region you want to mutate.  I am
>having a hard time finding unique sites.  Does anyone knopw of a
>protocol where maybe I wouln't need unique sites?
>
>Thanks
>
>Kellie Lugenbeel

Stratagene's QuikChange kit doesn't need you to change vectors
and doesn't require such unique sites - all you need is that
your construct contains DpnI sites in it somewhere.  I haven't
tried the method yet but I intend to in the near future.
	Bernard

[no affiliations with Stratagene]

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.