Oligo problems

Arthur Wohlwill U55850 at uic.edu
Sat Feb 1 11:24:15 EST 1997

Recently we have had problems with several suppliers of oligonucleotides.
We have found in several cases that the oligoes could not be kinased
efficiently and were useless for sequencing/primer extension reactions (though
most were ok for PCR).  Can anybody tell me of companies that they have been
very  sastified with in making oligoes for sequencing/primer extension? Is gel
or HPLC purification the only way to insure reliability? Thank you very much,
Arthur Wohlwill adwohlwi at UIC.EDU