Which Email reader? - Results

Graham Atherton grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 08:07:05 EST 1997

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my question posed last week - replies
are still coming in but so far:-
12 votes - Eudora
3 votes - Pegasus
1 vote - Pine, POPmail, Zmail, Email connection v2, Microsoft Exchange and
Netscape.
20 votes in all.

This is a small sample but overall agrees with the result if you check out
which software is used to send mail to 'Methods & Reagents'. For Windows
based software Eudora and Pegasus are the favourites - with Eudora a clear
winner.
One reason I posed the question was to assess which package we should use -
Eudora and Pegasus were the main contendors then and still are! We will
probably use Eudora (PRO version when we can afford it!) - could anyone say
how well Eudora can 'talk' to Pegasus? Will each readily read documents sent
from the other? without corruption and including attachments?

Finally, the very best solution to some of our requirements would be to type a
document into Wordperfect or gaphic file into CorelDraw and then Email direct
from within the Wordprocessor. Likewise receive documents directly into the
wordprocessor the Email reader therefore becomes transparent to the user.
I would be most grateful if there is anyone who can point me to an appropriate
source for this information!

Again, many thanks for your trouble
Graham Atherton
grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk